How to merge pdf files?
The Merge PDF tool enables one to combine multiple PDF documents into a single PDF file. The combined PDF will contain all the pages of all of the input documents with a specified order. Each page retains the settings of each original page, i.e. the size and orientation is not changed.
To combine multiple PDF files with our Merge PDF tool you need to take the following steps:
- Upload the PDF files to be combined. There are a few ways you can go about this:
- Drag files into the browser for example from your Desktop, or Windows Explorer or Finder on Mac.
- Click "Browse" to open a file picker and select files from your computer. You can select multiple files at once.
- Upload files from Google Drive or Dropbox by clicking on their respective icon in the upload area. You will need to authenticate with the corresponding cloud service and then select the files from the interface that pops up.
- Order the files as you want them to appear in the final combined PDF. There are a couple of ways to go about this:
- Drag the file by dragging the handle on the left of the filename to where you want it to be.
- Use the up/down arrows on the right to move each file around.
- When the order is correct, click "Merge PDF" to go ahead and produce the combined document.
You will then be redirected to the download page where you can download the result once it has been processed. Simply click on Download to download each file. Note that you need to be logged in with an account to be able to download files. If you do not have an account, you can sign up for one and download your file right away.
Note that if you want to pass files between our services, e.g. if you want to compress the merged file before sending to a colleague, then you can use our Workflows feature (Send to). It also enables saving files into the cloud via Google Drive/Dropbox and emailing files. See more in the related Workflows article.
Once you are done, you can click "PDF Tools" to navigate to another of our tools, or to go back to Merge PDF simply click the Merge PDF link. If there was something wrong and you need to change something, you can use the "Do over" button. It brings you back to Merge PDF but keeps all the uploaded files in tact, so you can add more files or change the order.